SOLANGE LOVES SF

Last Thursday March 5th, Solange & Estelle had a show at Mezzanine in SF.
I didn't have tickets, even though I was always on my soapbox preaching to the world about how Solange's album is electrifying. I dig Estelle too! But just kinda lagged on copping tix for the show...

It quickly approached and after a little coaxing from Miso, an "I'm down" from Dom, and listening to T.O.N.Y. one more time, I said Fuck it, get to Mezz and don't miss this show.

Glad that was the case!!





Within the first 10 mins of Solange's show, shit was already worth it.

She covered Devin the Dude's Doobie Ashtray, Mgmt's Electric Feel, Kid Cudi's Day & Nite, and the motown classic SHOUT! (among her tracks from her album Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams)





She killed it when she performed T.O.N.Y. and ended her show with her popular single "I Decided." She hops off stage and decides to kick it with the audience. I'm trying to track her through my camera and I lost her. That's cuz she was dancing right in front of us...





Call me biased but, I think she stole the show...


Estelle came out and killed it as well tho!!!





She invites lots of people on stage...and a freak train ensues




Back to Solange...

Since she's on twitter, she was being quite vocal about the show.
Check it out...




She even @replies to Estelle regarding that LIVE ASS Crowd that is SF!!!


Its a beautiful thing that SF is known to be avid music lovers and can appreciate quality sounds and live performances.

1 comments:

  Unknown

March 18, 2009 at 10:32 PM

you can see cathys arm in the solange picture..
ahha where is the photo of the random shoe? the lone pump. nasty...