Last of A Dying Breed

I told myself I wouldn't repeat posts from our Fatlace blog, but I wanted to share this piece on my personal blog too.

On the 15th of February, The Burn it Down Sound (Shouts to Jeremiah and Phillie Ocean of 111 Minna) threw a "DJ Battle-esque event" called "15 Minutes of Fame" at The Elbo Room in SF, offering each 15 DJs 15 minutes to rock a crowd however they wanted. Complete with a huge timer on stage and spotlights on the DJs, it proved to be more than just a good idea on paper. Folks showed up not knowing what to expect, and of course our RI$KY BIZNE$$ / WnKK dynamic duo $IR TIPP & ANT-ONE gave it to the crowd in true "back-in-the-day DJ" fashion. $ir Tipp wanted to test a "record-breaking 30 songs in 15 minutes" for his set. He came up 1 measly song short at 29, but nonetheless, rocked the spot so hard that it had the party people hang on every song he played.

Check out a clip of Tipp in action:


Ant-One followed with a strong set complete with a lil jugglin, trick mixing, scratching, and good ol' fashion quick mixing too. Check him out here:



The next 15 Minutes of Fame will be coming soon, and don't worry, you won't forget because it will always be on the 15th of the month. I strongly advise you to check it out when it rolls around again and lets support real DJs you feel me?!?

0 comments: