ALBUM REVIEW: Mariah Carey's E=MC²



The diva herself, Mariah Carey, has come hard yet again with a solid album called E=MC². Her last album, The Emancipation of Mimi, goes down in my book as classic Mariah and this one follows up in a more contemporary manner. The album is full of slaps, dance hits, chick tunes, usual ballads, and some folkish tunes. 14 tracks and I'd say about 6 or 7 are worthy of airplay.

My favorite track is "I'm That Chick," a song about being that girl who some dude has a crush on. Sounds like Ne-Yo produced it and I don't know who wrote it because she starts it off saying "Like Pac, All Eyez On Me," but then again, she is infamous for quoting lines like that. Another track I liked is the one on her perfume commercial, "For the Record," but as you get deeper in the song, its pretty sick. The slapper of the album is a song called "Migrate" featuring T-Pain. I was also pleased to notice a reggae undertone in one of her songs, and low and behold, Damien Marley guests on the track.

Get your hands on this album because overall, its a well-rounded sound with much entertainment value. The way she rocks slow beats with her sensual sound and double-time rhythms will keep you bobbin your head, to say the least. Had a chance to see this diva in Vegas at Pure and it was an experience like no other, even though she was just chillin!!! Next I'd loooove to see her perform LIVE...

0 comments: